Who We Need
Emancipet is bringing in the new year with a new opportunity for a Controller. If you want to be a part of making people and pets happy– keep reading. Candidate must have an degree in finance or accounting and 7-10 years experience with progressive responsibilities in finance or accounting areas with 2-3 years experience managing teams.
The capable Controller is responsible for:
- Partnering with appropriate team members and across the organization to build financial discipline that will help enable strong performance against strategic, financial, and operational goals, and report to key stakeholders, including the board
- Managing accounting operations, banking relationships, tax compliance, and financial reporting
- Directing the daily activities for GL, AP, commissions, payroll, and partner distributions; streamlining and managing payroll functions
- Working collaboratively to reach and maintain appropriate cash reserves
- Leading annual financial audits and tax compliance efforts
- Building strong relationships with our auditors and external tax preparers
- Developing and implementing effective internal controls and processes to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting
- Performing monthly financial statement reconciliations (balance sheet, cashflows, and income statement)
- Evaluating new technical accounting developments and recommending appropriate actions; driving process improvement at all levels of the Finance/Accounting department
- Building and managing a high-performance team, and actively participating in building a culture that is customer-focused and team-oriented
Who We Are:
We are a nonprofit on a mission to make high quality spay/neuter and veterinary care affordable and accessible to all pet owners. People love their pets. We provide a way in which people can care for and keep them. We aren’t talking just numbers here, we’re talking pets and people happy and whole. As a Controller, what is better than that?
Is It You?
There’s a chance you may be our ideal Contoller if you meet the description above, and if:
- You thrive in any environment and have the experience to prove it- you’ve worked in both nonprofit and for profit environments and have experience in a clinic environment and/or with multi-site operations
- You continuously find something (more) that can be done (better) even though everyone else is heading to Happy Hour, or the gym, or the park
- You have an impeccable eye for detail with numbers – you can solve Sudoku without notes in a snap
- You have certifications as a QuickBooks ProAdvisor and experience with Salesforce
If you are interested and meet the requirements, pleases send us a resume and a cover letter. To be totally transparent, only candidates with the experience required that provide a cover letter will be considered. Please apply on Indeed.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are intentional in creating a diverse staff and leadership team, and work to create an inclusive environment for all employees. You belong here!
Position located in Austin, TX with no relocation offered for this position.