Cultivating Kick-A** Culture
This seminar was formerly known as Great Culture, Great Results: Building & Sustaining Healthy Organizations from the Inside Out.
- What We’ll Cover Together
- Who Should Attend
- When & Where
- Meet Your Presenter
- FAQs & Support
- Cost & Registration
Peter Drucker is famously thought to have said “Culture eats strategy for breakfast.” We couldn’t agree more with the sentiment. Time and again we’ve witnessed and experienced the reality of the internal culture of an organization impacting its capacity to deliver on strategy and mission. It’s no wonder that unhealthy culture leads to disengaged staff, higher turnover, and unhappy clients – all of which make it difficult for an organization to stay focused on goals and program priorities. On the other hand, healthy culture fuels the fire of mission and makes the seemingly impossible become believably possible (and more fun). This two-day seminar engages participants in the exploration of specific tools and systems that can be put to use right away in order to assess and increase employee engagement, successfully hire for culture fit and values alignment, manage for a healthy workplace culture, and even help people that are in the wrong position move on from the organization compassionately.
This seminar has been pre-approved for Certified Animal Welfare Administrator continuing education credits (12 CE hours) by The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement.
Executive Directors, CEOs, COOs, and senior managers of any animal welfare organization with an interest in building and sustaining a healthy culture or who have struggled with any of the challenges listed above.
If any of these sound familiar, this might be the seminar for you:
- Your employee turnover is higher than Mt. Kilimanjaro.
- You’ve recently thought “fingers crossed” about a new hire that you were unsure about.
- Alliances among staff change more frequently than in an episode of Game of Thrones.
- You blew your yearly pizza budget in 4 months because it’s the only thing that seems to make staff happy – and it doesn’t last very long.
- Day 1: Monday, June 15, 2020 – 8:30am to 5pm
- Day 2: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 – 8:30am to 5pm
The seminar will be held in Austin, TX. Exact location details are coming soon!
Stay tuned for more info!
Emancipet CCO – B.J. Rogers
B.J. Rogers is a nonprofit veteran with 20 years of leadership experience in human services, animal welfare, and social change. B.J. leads Emancipet’s public/field-facing training and the internal training and development of our dedicated team. He has spent 12 years in the animal welfare field, most recently as a Vice President at the ASPCA leading the organization’s online training and support of animal welfare professionals.
- Can I register more than one attendee for the same seminar? Because our seminars are highly interactive and involve full-group discussions, we encourage organizations who intend to send more than one person to a seminar to carefully consider how pre-existing relationships, organizational structures, and power differentials may effect an individual’s capacity to participate and share openly and fully. In the end, you know your people and they know each other (and hopefully themselves!) – and we trust your judgment. So, if you’ve read this and feel a-ok about sending multiple people to the same training (and don’t let us discourage you!), then register away!
- Will there be food at the seminar? Yes. We will provide coffee, snacks, beverages, and lunch on both days.
- What should I wear? Our only recommendation is that you dress comfortably and casually.
- Do I need to bring anything? Just a smile and an open mind!
If you have questions or need assistance with registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost to register $600/person, which includes lunch on both days of the seminar and all seminar materials. Please note that the last day to register is May 31, 2020.
Begin your registration below!