This seminar was formerly known as So, You’re a Manager Now: Tools to Become a Better Supervisor.
- What We’ll Cover Together
- Who Should Attend
- When & Where
- Meet Your Presenter
- FAQs & Support
- Cost & Registration
Are you brand new to managing people and making it up as you go along? Or an old pro who’s feeling in need of a refresh? If the answer to either question is yes, then this is the seminar for you. Over the course of two content-packed days we’ll spend time discussing and practicing skills and tools to make your life – and the lives of those you work with – better.
From the power of listening and asking effective questions to the art and science of giving meaningful and useful feedback, participants will explore and practice skills to communicate more clearly, deliver effective and useful feedback, assess employee engagement, and meet the needs of direct reports in meaningful ways.
This seminar has been pre-approved for Certified Animal Welfare Administrator continuing education credits (12 CE hours) by The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement.
Anyone on a management career track, new managers, and folks who’ve been supervising or managing for years and are eager to refresh or expand their skills.
If any of these sound familiar, this might be the seminar for you:
- You’ve got manager, supervisor, or director in your title (or not!) and other people report to you.
- You’ve got subject matter expertise in the day-to-day of your job, but you’re totally winging it when it comes to supervising staff.
- The idea of giving feedback makes you want to hide in the mop closet.
- You’re committed to helping the people who report to you do and be their very best.
- Day 1: Monday, January 20, 2020 – 8:30am to 5pm
- Day 2: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 – 8:30am to 5pm
The seminar will be held in Austin, TX. Exact location details are coming soon!
Stay tuned for more info!
Emancipet CCO – B.J. Rogers
B.J. Rogers is a nonprofit veteran with 20 years of leadership experience in human services, animal welfare, and social change. B.J. leads Emancipet’s public/field-facing training and the internal training and development of our dedicated team. He has spent 12 years in the animal welfare field, most recently as a Vice President at the ASPCA leading the organization’s online training and support of animal welfare professionals.
- Can I register more than one attendee for the same seminar? Because our seminars are highly interactive and involve full-group discussions, we encourage organizations who intend to send more than one person to a seminar to carefully consider how pre-existing relationships, organizational structures, and power differentials may effect an individual’s capacity to participate and share openly and fully. In the end, you know your people and they know each other (and hopefully themselves!) – and we trust your judgment. So, if you’ve read this and feel a-ok about sending multiple people to the same training (and don’t let us discourage you!), then register away!
- Will there be food at the seminar? Yes. We will provide coffee, snacks, beverages, and lunch on both days.
- What should I wear? Our only recommendation is that you dress comfortably and casually.
- Do I need to bring anything? Just a smile and an open mind!
If you have questions or need assistance with registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost to register $600/person, which includes lunch on both days of the seminar and all seminar materials. Please note that the last day to register is January 5th, 2020.
Begin your registration below!